Shop by Category
Lawn Fertilization Articles
- It's time to fertilize your lawn »
Fall in the northern U.S. is an ideal time for lawns to recover from summer stress and to build a strong foundation for a healthy turf for next year. Learn why fertilizing your lawn now will get your lawn off to a great start for next year.
- GreenView Annual Lawn Plan Preferred Customer Program »
Leave your lawn care worries with us - let the experts guide you – enjoy the added benefits of becoming a GreenView Annual Lawn Plan Preferred Customer Today! Find out more...
- Plan now, to prevent crabgrass this spring! »
Experts say the time to prevent crabgrass is in the early spring. Timing is critical, so here’s what you need to do.
- A green lawn delivered to your door »
One of the more perplexing problems in keeping the lawn healthy is knowing what to apply when and how much.
- Benefits of late fall fertilization »
Everyone fertilizes in spring, but did you know that late fall is the best time to fertilize for root growth. Deep, vigorous roots produce a thick, green and weed free lawn in spring.
- Eco-friendly fertilizers »
Fertilizers containing slow release nutrients cut waste while maintaining performance.
- Fertilizer facts »Grasp the fundamentals of fertilizers and select the right one for your lawn.
- Fertilizing for deep root growth »
Lawn care experts recommend fertilizing the grass plant to develop a strong root system which produces a healthy, thick, weed free lawn.
- Greenview's 2-Step Program Takes the Guesswork Out of Lawn Care »
In addition to lasting twice as long as other brands of fertilizer, Greenview Fairway Formula Fertilizers with weed killer, reduces the number of fertilizer applications you need to put down in spring.
- Greenview's patented 2-step fertilizer technology and weed control »
Greenview Fairway Formula Fertilizers utilize patented time-released nitrogen technology developed for, and used by, over half the championship golf courses in the United States.
- How to calculate the amount of nitrogen in a fertilizer bag »
Step by step instructions in how to calculate how much nitrogen is being applied with each bag of fertilizer.
- How to read a guaranteed analysis label »
Learn how to read the label and understand the ingredients in fertilizer.
- Lawn feeding requirements »
Major universities that do research in lawn care management recommends a fertilizer that supplies 1.5 lbs. of nitrogen be applied to the lawn in fall to follow the natural growth cycle of grass plants.
- Meth-Ex 40 and MESA time release nitrogen in Greenview Fairway Formula Fertilizers »Meth-Ex 40 and Mesa time release technologies are the primary ingredients for the environmentally friendly Greenview Fairway Formula Fertilizers.
- Organic Fertilizers for the Lawn »
Fast release chemical fertilizers pose a significant environmental concern. The better approach is to use an organic or slow-release chemical fertilizer. Find out how they perform.
- Lawn Care Experts Grow Roots »The average homeowner grows grass blades, but professional lawn care experts fertilize to grow strong roots.
- Understanding fertilizer ingredients and N-P-K numbers »
The label on every fertilizer bag is required to show the percentage by weight of nitrogen, available phosphate and soluble potash, also commonly referred to as N-P-K numbers.
- When to fertilize the lawn »
When is the best time to apply fertilizer? Spring fertilization is important and is generally combined with weed control, but don't forget to fertilize again in fall.
- What is time release nitrogen? »
Nitrogen that is formulated to release steadily over a prolonged period of time is referred to as time-released, slow released and water insoluble nitrogen (WIN) fertilizer.
- One-step way to fertilize and control lawn weeds for 12 weeks »
- Lawn Plan member's lawn goes from brown to wow - in just one year! »
- Greenview and a golfer's lawn: From crabgrass to weed-free »
Read how an Annual Lawn Plan member's lawn went from crabgrass to weed-free in just two applications!
- What should I know about fertilizing my lawn? »
A healthy lawn not only looks good, but it is good for the environment when properly cared for. A few simple reminders will ensure you are following best management practices.