- Make sure the lawnmower blade is still sharp. Sharpen if needed.
- As the weather heats up you can raise the mower cutting height to 3 inches. The taller grass will shade the roots a bit and keep them cooler.
- Monitor for grub infestation. Treatment generally is warranted if six or more grubs are found per square foot. See article Summer care for a healthy lawn for details.
- Smooth out any bumps, depressions or holes in the lawn.
- Keep any flower heads forming on chrysanthemums trimmed off until the 4th of July to provide for sturdier plants and best blooming this autumn.
- Remember to change the direction you mow the lawn each time to avoid ruts.